The Spring 2020 Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is looking for entrepreneurs from developing and emerging countries to receive six months of business mentoring and participate in the Young Founder Conference in Berlin, Germany from 10th to 14th March 2020.
The application form will be open until 11pm on December 3rd 2019 via the link: http://yfp.westerwelle-foundation.com.
What is the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme?
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded six-month programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. The programme kicks-off with the Westerwelle Young Founders Conference in Berlin taking place from 10th to 14th March 2020. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other and the German startup scene.
What they offer:
- The Westerwelle Young Founders Conference – a week-long conference in Berlin to get to know fellow Young Founders and strengthen the entrepreneurial skills by attending workshops and meetings (travel and accommodation will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation),
- A personal mentor – an experienced entrepreneur who will function as a sparring partner with whom to discuss upcoming challenges and new opportunities,
- Monthly peer mentoring calls to share knowledge and support each other,
- Expert sessions on relevant topics (e.g. OKRs, investor KPIs, marketing & sales),
- The Young Founders Network – a strong alumni network to connect with other Young Founders, exchange ideas and find support for existing challenges,
- Exposure to the Berlin startup scene and the public for you and your startup via our social media channels and our networks,
- Assistance beyond the programme as we remain a contact person and will help in finding experts for challenges, offer possibilities to share learnings or celebrate successes.
- The buddy programme that connects alumni of the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme with new Young Founders that operate in the same business to potentially open doors and enhance mutual exchange.
What is the Westerwelle Foundation?
The Westerwelle Foundation for International Understanding was established in 2013 by Dr. Guido Westerwelle, former German Minister for Foreign Affairs, and Ralph Dommermuth, CEO and Founder of United Internet AG in Berlin, Germany. The foundation supports collaboration that transcends borders: between young entrepreneurs, executives and decision makers from around the world. The Foundation globally connects people and ideas and creates spaces for interaction and innovation.
Contact Ms. Luisa (email@example.com) if you would like to learn more about the Young Founders Programme.
Westerwelle Foundation – Stiftung für internationale Verständigung
Tel: +49 (0)30 887281614
HATCH! is in Washington DC this week at Halcyon Incubator for GIST Investors Forum and Incubation Summit to meet with key members of the GIST Investors Network to share learnings, start new collaborations, and celebrate the global impact of the GIST Investors Program.
In April 2019 GIST Investors trainings for angel investors were held in Hanoi, Danang and Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam hosted by HATCH! and GoFablabs at FTU, University of Danang, and SiHub.
About GIST Investors
Global Innovation in Science and Technology (GIST) is a US Department of State program implemented globally by VentureWell.
USAID, SIDA, and MFA - NL together launched the USD 35 million Water and Energy for Food (WE4F) Grand Challenge for Development to pair access to funding with acceleration support services.
APPLICATIONS DUE 22 NOVEMBER
USAID, along with its partners, seek to unlock the potential of private capital to drive inclusive growth of enterprises. WE4F aims to promote access to finance, raise awareness of investment opportunities, lower transaction costs, and mitigate the risk of investments that generate positive social, economic, and environmental impact.
To support this, HATCH! seeks the most promising startups promoting better use of water and energy for food production.
Get news when it happens! Click RSS Feed link below!